WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Message from the Department Head
Dr. Abraham Woncheso
Ethiopia Adventist College (EAC) is the only higher learning institution of the Seventh –Day Adventist Church in Ethiopia. EAC renders a quality and holistic education which covers the three domains of life including mental, physical, and spiritual development of a person. Our precious students, I assure you that you have made a perfect choice when you have joined EAC. Our various departments and instructors are ready to equip you with diverse knowledge on theoretical and practical aspects of learning as required in your respective curricula. We encourage you feel at home as you pursue your schooling at EAC. All administrators and departments are always ready to assist you whenever you need help.
About the Department
In the year 1998, the College obtained permission and accreditation from the Ministry of Education to offer diploma courses in Business major in Accounting and Management. In 2001, the College entered into an affiliation arrangement with the University of Eastern Africa Baraton(UEAB) and began four-year degree program in Management
In 2003, the College requested the Ministry of Education for accreditation to start its own degree programs in business (Accounting and Management). On January 2005, the College was upgraded into a senior college status with the existing programs.
In 2019, the College applied to Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the reaccreditations of a program under the title of Business Management. Since then, the department strives to maintain and improve the academic and support services available to students. It is committed to provide a stimulating and effective learning experience in a supportive environment. Moreover, the department teachers have been assigned for tutorial classes aside from their normal teaching loads.
The department of Business Management has the following Learning Objectives (LO)
- To produce professionals who are capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling activities of Private, non-government and government organizations.
- To produce professionals who can competently manage marketing, finance operations, human Resource, materials, information resources etc.
- To produce professionals who are responsive and effective in working with and through others as well as capable of making and implementing decisions.
- To produce professionals capable of searching and developing opportunities as well as tackling problems.
- To produce professionals who are able to face the challenges of today’s and tomorrow.