MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION
LOGIC AND CRITICAL THINKING
COURSE CODE: PHIL 1011
ORGANIZATION OF THE MODULE:
1. Module Introduction: – Teklay G. (AkU)
2. Chapter One: – Teklay G. (AkU)
3. Chapter Two: – Teklay G. (AkU)
4. Chapter Three: – Adane T. (MU)
5. Chapter Four: – Zelalem M. (HMU)
6. Chapter Five: – Zelalem M. (HMU)
7. Chapter Six: – Adane T. (MU)
What Will You Learn?
- Recognize the components and types of arguments;
- Develop the skill to construct and evaluate arguments;
- Understand the relationship between logic and language;
- Recognize the forms of meanings of words and terms;
- Comprehend the types, purposes and techniques of definitions;
- Understand the concept, principles, and criteria of critical thinking;
- Cultivate the habits of critical thinking and develop sensitivity to clear and accurate usage of language;
- Recognize the various forms of formal and informal fallacies; and
- Understand the components, attributes and representations of categorical propositions.
- And more....
Critical Thinking lessons